• Follows and exemplifies company policies and procedures as detailed in each of the provided company policies, handbook and training materials.
• Accurately enters orders and delivers correct order to the correct table
• Retains knowledge of food and alcohol menu items, ingredients and proper parings
• Maintains a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
• Recognizes technical and situational problems that may arise and reports them immediately to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager
• Performs all duties as outlined and any related similar duties that may be assigned from time to time
• Ability to deliver professional, courteous, efficient service to our guests
• Competency with use of POS System and reservations system
• Commitment to maintaining neat appearance
• Ability to understand and follow specific written and oral directions
• Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50#) with or without assistance, to stand for extended periods of time and to walk distances throughout the work day
• Pre-bus and maintain tables
• Superior verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Strong work ethic, with a desire to succeed
• Complete assigned side work and other duties
• Commitment to being on time every day
• Greet guests and build rapport by asking questions and initiating conversation
• Offer suggestions by using suggestive selling techniques
• Ability to be quick thinking and problem solving
• Show attention to detail
• Train and guide other servers as requested by managers
• Perform other tasks as assigned
• Prepare the tables, lay out napkins and utensils, make sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks
• Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, know if the kitchen staff are running low of any menu item
• Handle table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks
• Maintain proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses
• Obtain revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change
• Ensure customer satisfaction, inviting customers to return
• Make management aware of any dissatisfied customers prior to their departure
• Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
• Adhere to health and sanitation practices
• Filling in for absent staff as needed
• Assisting with special events
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant including days, nights and weekends.
• Attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings
Ideal full-time candidate will have lunch and dinner availability Friday-Tuesday.
Part-time candidates must be able to report at 4pm for dinner shifts and have Sunday and weekday availability.
Email resume and references to Brandon@cafeberlin-dc.com
The DineGigs Difference
Staffing your restaurant shouldn't keep you up at night. DineGigs was founded to connect employers with those seeking new opportunities in the Foodservice Industry. No noise, no more creepy Craigslist posts, no need to let everyone on Facebook know your kitchen just staged a coup d'eta; just food jobs, fast.
Connect with talent directly in an online career environment dedicated to the foodservice industry
It's free for restaurants and other foodservice employers to post employment ads to DineGigs
Only relevant job postings. Non-foodservice posts are easily flagged by our community and quickly removed
DineGigs is the fastest way to connect with the qualified talent your restaurant needs. It's free to post and apply for jobs!